New project partner: Ghent University joins WaSeaBi
As of 1 February 2021, we are pleased to welcome Ghent University into the project as work package leader of WP5, where the objective is to quantify the environmental, economic and social impacts of the studied value chains, processes and products.
Ghent University (UGent) is a top 100 university and one of the major universities in Belgium, founded in 1817. UGent has 11 faculties that offer a variety of courses and conduct in-depth research within a wide range of scientific domains.
Some facts about Ghent University:
- ~9,000 staff members (12% international)
- >45,000 students (13% international).50 bachelor’s programs & 157 master’s programmes.
- Highly involved in Research and Technology Transfer:
- >8,000 researchers (17% professional; 17% postdoctoral; 66% PhD researchers).
- >50,000 scientific publications (2008-2018).
- 69 Spin-offs; 618 patents (2009-2018).
- Highly internationalized
- Student mobility (2-6k students); development cooperation; international strategic partnerships; institutional regional partnerships.
In the project, Ghent University will assess the potential environmental and economic impacts and identify the legislative aspects of the studied value chains, processes and products proposed in the project.
Learn more about Ghent University here