- Country: Belgium
- Type of organisation: University
- Role in the project: Assess the potential environmental and economic impacts and identify the legislative aspects of the studied value chains, processes and products proposed in the project.
Ghent University (UGent) is a top 100 university and one of the major universities in Belgium, founded in 1817. UGent has 11 faculties that offer a variety of courses and conduct in-depth research within a wide range of scientific domains.
- ~9,000 staff members (12% international).
- >45,000 students (13% international).50 bachelor’s programs & 157 master’s programmes.
- Highly involved in Research and Technology Transfer:
- >8,000 researchers (17% professional; 17% postdoctoral; 66% PhD researchers).
- >50,000 scientific publications (2008-2018).
- 69 Spin-offs; 618 patents (2009-2018).
- Highly internationalized
- Student mobility (2-6k students); development cooperation; international strategic partnerships; institutional regional partnerships.